Friday, April 15, 2011

Photo: The View From Bathurst and Davenport in 1907


The Toronto Archives have been good enough to post a bunch of their best photos on Flickr, all of which you can check out here. I came across this one (which I especially like since it's from my 'hood), while browsing their old images of the Annex. It's looking south down Bathurst from the hill just about Davenport. (These days, there's a TTC yard on the southwest corner, and a big medical supply shop on the southwest.) 

The hill, as I've mentioned before, is the ancient shoreline of Lake Iroquois, a bigger version of Lake Ontario  which used to come all the way up to Davenport in the wake of the last ice age. You can read a little bit about it here in an old post I wrote about some 11,000 year-old footprints discovered on the bottom of our lake .

No comments:

Post a Comment