Saturday, November 3, 2012

Some New & Old Photos of Riverdale Farm




At the end of the summer, I finally checked out Riverdale Farm for the first time since I was a wee little kid. And it's pretty neat. Beauuuuutiful and full of history. It started out as a zoo back in the late-1800s, and you can still see signs of it at the farm today. On Facebook, I've posted a full gallery of old-timey photos mixed with new photos I took on my walk around. You can check it out here.

The farm's been on Rob Ford's chopping block recently, but his Executive Committee voted against him this summer, accepting the farm's new business plan and fundraising ideas. Torontoist's got an article about how that went down over here.

And you can check out the farm's website here. Admission is free and it's open 9-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment