Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Toronto Dreams Project Goes To The UK

It's been about three years since I started the Toronto Dreams Project. Since then, I've been leaving my fictional dreams about the history of the city in the public places where that history happened, so people can find the dreams and learn more about our city’s past. But Toronto’s history is also tied to places all over the world and I’d like to leave dreams in some of those places too. So I’m happy to announce that I’m taking the Toronto Dreams Project on the road to visit Toronto-related historical sites in the United Kingdom.

I need your help in order to make it possible. I've launched an Indiegogo crowd-funding campaign with a goal of raising $4000. If I do, I’ll be able to take the Dreams Project to visit sites all over the UK. I’ll leave multiple copies of more than a dozen different dreams in more than a dozen different cities, towns and villages in England and Scotland and Wales. I’ll visit big cities like London, Cardiff and Edinburgh and lesser-known spots like Dunkeswell, Budleigh Salterton and Clackmannanshire. If I fall short of raising the full amount, I’ll still try to leave as many dreams as possible in as any many places as possible.

On top of that, I’ll be using the tour as a chance to share the stories of how these places are connected to the history of Toronto. During the trip, you’ll be able to follow along as I share the stories here on my blog and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. So, for example, you’ll get to hear about the hotel in London where Sir John A. Macdonald caught on fire during the negotiations over Confederation, about the psychiatric hospital where one of Toronto’s greatest artists had electroshock therapy, and about a chapel in the middle of the English countryside, which is officially part of the province of Ontario.

The campaign comes with some incentives, too. As a thank you to everyone who donates at least $20, I’ll send you your very own copy of one of the dreams that I leave in the UK. If you donate at least $50, I’ll send you 5. And if you donate $100, I’ll be so grateful that I’ll send you your own copy of every single one of the dreams that I leave on the UK tour.

Even if you can't contribute financially, you can support the Toronto Dreams Project's Indiegogo campaign by sharing the link on your Facebook page, or on Twitter or Instagram, or even just by telling your friends. I can't tell you how excited I am about this and every little bit helps. Thanks so mcuh!

You can contribute to the campaign on Indiegogo here.


No comments:

Post a Comment